I am delighted to have been chosen to take on the challenge to return a Labour MP for Totnes Constituency in 2015
The Totnes Constituency is not immune to the impact of this Tory-led Government's cuts and decisions. People here worry about the rising cost of living, finding affordable housing as well as changes to their NHS services.
I will be working hard over the coming months with our local Party and the community to ensure that Totnes has a Labour MP to be their voice on these issues.
As you MP I will:
- Campaign for more high quality homes, which local people can afford to buy and rent. Work with local councillors to deliver more social housing.
- Tackle low pay in the South Hams; support economic growth, raising the minimum wage and banning unfair zero hours contracts.
- Support out local communities; campaign for better public transport and access to public services. Lobby for improved road and rail networks into the region.
- Invest in our young people; raise educational standards and provide more quality apprenticeships so that by 2025 as many people start apprenticeships as go to university.
- Protect out environment; encourage environmental schemes, run by local companies, employing local people that utilise green technology.
I am delighted to have been chosen to take on the challenge to return a Labour MP for Totnes Constituency in 2015 The Totnes Constituency is not immune to the impact...